Shopify is one of the world’s biggest ecommerce platforms. With the viewpoint of serving you in building and upgrading your business online, Shopify was evolved back then in 2004. Since then a number of e-commerce business owners have laid their trust on the Shopify store for business proliferating setup.
With Shopify, e-commerce business owners and merchants avail an opportunity to create a website. Now, aim to sell both or either digital or physical products to customers around the world or a particular region. Website is your business’s home on the internet which intents to mark your presence digitally. The imperative benefit of being online is personalizing business that furnishes easy access to sales, pitch, shipping, monitoring and tracking. Using Shopify, you can build a store which gives away a mode of convenience. By scrolling the products for sale, particular eye-catching descriptions and much more to the audience can drag your traffic online.
Pictonix is a Shopify expert and an e-commerce agency which escorts you and your business with digital marketing, and website designing to drive sales for your business. We firmly believe in the urgency of being online in this technology gulping world. Every product or service you offer online, gazes attention and attracts audiences double to that of what it makes offline. At Pictonix we set our sights solely on creating the sales drifting, online trafficking and an optimized website.
Using Shopify — Step by Step Guide!
Following just a few steps and concerns can help you have the best Shopify store with a minimal investment. Unlike before, setting up an online store only takes a few minutes of load. Merely with a few customized clicks and typing, you can set up your own online store on the web. Let’s catch up with the step-by-step guide to build your Shopify store.
- Sign Up for an Account on Shopify: The very initial step to setting your business on the Shopify is to create an account on the platform. Signing your business is not a difficult task on hand and neither it requires steeper knowledge of coding. Just a few steps of clicking, typing and browsing will help you in pulling off your business online.
Land on the Shopify website and click on the ‘Get Started’ button. Soon, start filling in your store related email address, password and store name. Remember to choose a unique name that has not been taken by any other business by the date. In other cases, otherwise Shopify will restrict you to purchase the domain.
Building your Shopify Store
The following page will ask you about your current avenue, and if you are selling already. It will then ask you if you would like to make a brick and mortar store or an online shop. Once you are done with these details, click on the ‘Next’ button. Fill in your personal details such as your name, address and phone number. All of the entered details are used to configure currencies and tax rates for your business products.
2. Add a Product to your Shopify Store: The moment you have properly signed in as an authentic account on the Shopify, you can start exploring the proposed features. You will be landed on the admin screen of your website. Through this you can now, manage your store and add products for your customers.
The homepage will guide you step by step with how to set up your online store on the Shopify. First add a product to your Shopify store that you want to sell. The ‘Add product’ page lets you fill in the products details like name, description, price, offer, and vendor. You can fill in as many product pages as much you need. But always remember to save every product after uploading on the ‘Add product’ page.
‘Add Product’ page on Shopify Store
While uploading your products, make sure you have used relevant and bewitching images to appeal your target audience. Leaving no stone unturned will result in a well customized store format. Keep browsing Shopify features while adding your products to the website. Experimenting would eventually give a better response and visuals.
Use Shopify ‘Add product’ page features to add as much as details as needed about your products. Do not let slip those details that will help with SEO such as product name, tag lines, description, and URL too. Including details will inform the customer about your items on sale. You can rearrange your uploaded products whenever you feel like to do so.
Remember, images and visuals are of paramount importance to your store. It can actually make or mar your chances of a sale.
- Customize Themes to Design a Look for your Store: Customizing your store is an activity done on your website while it is under construction, or maintenance. Every time you feel to tinker your website, just start with the customizable theme options.
Select ‘Customize the Look of Your Site’ button on the main dashboard. By this you can customize your site from logos to colors and everything in between. The link to ‘Visit the Theme’ store lets you browse through the hundreds of available themes in Shopify. It is deputed to furnish an exclusive look to your site.
Theme Based Store on Shopify
You can explore both free and premium themes on Shopify. Free themes provide you an access to the varied themes selection for your site without any sort of payment. On the other hand, premium themes work on paying a little extra, but are of a great worth. It proffer a professional look to your site. The CSS and HTML facets of the theme gives an access to a lot of adjustments like looks and performance.
Style is the way your site looks, feels, and conveys its vibes to the customer. It involves layout which should be consistent across your site with similar font, images and other design elements like color. Try to be creative while using a fulgent and punchy tag lines as headers and bulletins. It will be beneficial in espousing your audience to quickly scan your pages, and decide if it is worth their time, and for further shopping reliability through your store.
With a plethora of quality themes to choose from, it becomes austere to choose one as the best:
- Premium themes like Ella ($56), Kagami ($180), Symmetry ($180), Startup ($180), and Canopy ($180).
- Free based themes like Brooklyn, Supply, Classic, Boundless, and Solo.
Few settings you will be able to change for your Shopify theme:
- Fonts usability — use a super appealing font that is creative at the same time.
- Logos uploading — the imperative portion in the building and setting up the site is the logo. Hence keep on trying with the best logo look.
- Color shades — a store with vividness of colors, results in a myriad of provoking clicks.
- Appearing products on the page — keep updating your products and related description in order for a most updated sale which can produce a voluminous sweep of alternatives to your customers.
- Product illustration – use high-resolution images that not only fits best into your product or service, but convey half of the description to the audience within the first five seconds of their stay on your website.
- Set Up a Domain for your Website: Your business’s domain name is how your potential customers will find you, the same way people find your real life business in person. It is a thing you type in the browser or search engine to get a website relevant to what you need.
Shopify is a platform that helps you build or retrieve your pre-existing domain for your business’s online store. Once you have properly completed your theme customization process, you can embark on setting up your domain with Shopify.
On the dashboard, click on the ‘Add a Domain’ button. This asks you whether you want to buy a new domain or connect with an existing domain. You can choose any domain name of your choice and suitability, and walk through the steps to make the purchase.
Set Up Domain for your Website
After setting up a domain with Shopify you can now navigate to that particular domain and scrutinize your website with a keen vigilance. Make necessary changes you will like to have in the process of further enhancement.
- Add a Relevant ‘About Us’ Using Content Management System: Content plays a huge role in pitching your products and services to the targeted audience. And filling up your ‘About Us’ information will drive the traffic in or out your website. Once you have set up your website and have reached a large audience, you may also start blogging about the business you run for your further marketing goals.
When a searcher searches a business or service similar to what you offer through your online store, then your optimized content brings in a flourishing rank on the search engines. Optimizing content to promote your store in unpaid sub results is called Search Engine Optimization, and is a tool for marketing your online presence. Use the technique everytime you set about to add either a content or a blog to your Shopify store.
Bots (each search engine uses computer’s programme called bots) will not see the impactful images on your webpage, but what they will see is the code behind it. To help the search engine identify the image give it a descriptive name. You can also add ‘Alt text’ to describe the images on your website. It is useful for people using web browsers that don’t display images for people with visual impairment who use software to listen to the content of web pages.
Decide a content you covet to show on your store’s website, sorting a bit through templates. It helps in molding a clean page’s sections and bars. The ‘About Us‘ page might tell the story about your business or service. Include flutters of your offers, and provide testimonials and other forms of social proof to make them believe in the authenticity of your products.
- Select a Payment Gateway for your Store: Selecting a payment gateway is one of the most crucial parts of building a website. The mode you will select for payment will allow you to accept order payments and will transfer that to the linked account.
On the left of the dashboard, click on the tab called ‘Payment’. The tab will allow you to choose amongst various payment processors like Stripe and including Shopify’s own payment processor, which is handy in use. Simply walking through the upcoming steps in the tab will activate your payment processor on Shopify.
Remember to choose a payment processor which will cost you the lowest possible price as a charge, every time a customer purchases something on your website. Your selected payment gateway should also accept heterogeneous card types and other payment options, so as to offer your customers a convenient shopping experience at your store.
The moment you are done with everything from signing up an account on Shopify to selecting payment gateway, you can click the ‘Launch Website’ button to make the store live on the internet world. And this is how you can have your fully functional Shopify store with proper management and planning.
The process of building a Shopify store might put an end here, but maintaining and upgrading your store would probably never end. The second you scrutinize an invention, the other moment there is an antique fabrication to be proud at. This is how the planet revolves around every change.
After reaping the benefits of search you may try your hands in advertising yourself globally on the internet. This can be achieved via social media, e-mails, YouTube, mobile apps, display advertising and still many more platforms being offered these days. In fact, one of the advantages of being online is to adhere to the valuable insights giving a glimpse into your prospective customers. Digital marketing allows to show targeted advertising to people right when they are looking for what you offer.
“What you want to keep in the website and what they are looking for in the website — is a key to your online success!” With a professionally designed layout, tempting visuals and images, and a captivating ‘About Us’ page is all what you need to make a sale worth all your endeavors.
Trusted by over 1,000,000 businesses worldwide, Shopify handles everything from marketing and payments, to secure checkout and shipping. But the deal is deemed to be dependent on how you want Shopify to cater your business needs.
Basically, Shopify is an e-commerce software that provides you with impeccable services just after you have subscribed. It offers a plethora of subscription plans from monthly to yearly. Usually, paying a year’s worth at once is quite beneficial in a slightly reduced cost in contrast to monthly subscription plans. So all you need to do is cope up with aforementioned steps or can consult Shopify experts like Pictonix.
Buckle up and get set go to sell on Shopify – get your business online!